Wednesday 29 April 2015

But Is it Art? Responce

So after reading this post i got really interested in it and i wanted to download an app so i could cube-ify a couple of my posts. Unfortunately there is no such app that has a cubism option!! So instead i had to connect my phone to the computer and do it through that way. So when first looking at this Kubist web application i had no idea whatsoever on what i was doing. I started off by uploading my picture cause that's probably the first step you're supposed to do.
This is my cat August
So no after i uploaded it it turned into a bunch of blobs of greyish/black colours. I had to play around with the point/circle/border sizes for a while. I put the picture at 1000 points to make it the most clear it would get. I choose to do the triangle style as it showed the picture a lot more clearer than the cell one did. I didn't know what the circle size exactly was (i do now) so i put it to 5 and i thought there wasn't much of a change. Only when i went to save the picture to make this post did i realize a problem.. THERE WERE WHITE DOTS ALL OVER MY PICTURE! so me being blonde, had to take a couple minutes to figure out that the circle size was indeed the white dots and i put it back down to 0. This is my final product.
cube-ified
In my opinion i don't really like this style of art because its not very clear. I like to see the fine details in art and to be able to recognize what it is. To me i think of cubism like this as a picture someone had taken that would've been an excellent photo, but they moved their arm or something causing it to blur to the extreme.


No comments:

Post a Comment