Tuesday 28 April 2015

Series in a series

So I have completed the next part of my series. What I did was I purchased four white canvases and then I researched online why cats always landed on their feet. This is a unique characteristic that cats have and it happens almost 98% of the time. I did a couple tests with my own cat to prove this theory and out of the three times I tried it, he landed on his feet. The cat righting reflex starts to become effective in cats at the young age of 3-4 weeks old. It has been proven that a cat with a higher drop may have the better outcome than that of a lower drop.  A test was conducted of a cat falling five floors and a cat falling two floors and the cat that fell from higher resulted in less injuries. This is because in the longer time of the higher drop the cat had enough time to re-position itself properly to land without as many injuries.


Alright back to the actual project now. After doing the first part of my series I decided I could not only do it on cats, but a certain cat, my cat. So with the next part of the series I decided to stick to two colours that go well together but are complete opposites - also monochromatic. I started looking at the different positions a cat fell in as they turn from upside down to right side up. Since I had only four canvases i had to decide on four positions of falling. I know i had to incorporate the first and last sequence and then i had to choose two from the middle.



No comments:

Post a Comment