Tuesday 28 April 2015

SERIES UPDATE

So I’m pretty much done with my sculpture as I started to get mad with it. The clay in the box had said that it was air dry-able and that it wasn't likely to crack. Unfortunately with my luck, it did crack and it basically ruined the entire design. I tried my best to fill in the crack with more clay to fill up the space so much it couldn't crack but it wasn't very successful. Right now I’m at a standstill with that portion of my series and I’m trying to think of a way to fill in the cracks so that I can paint it and put a clear coating over top. 



So currently while I’m thinking about this I have started another part of my series which is a series within a series. I have bought four canvases and I have started to draw the images of cats on them. What I plan on doing is called the cat righting reflex. This reflex is when a cat can be falling upside down and he corrects himself mid fall to land on his feet. The cat rotates its body at the middle on an axis that is different for both the front and back end of the cat. A cat usually lands like this with no injury but that isn't the case 100% of the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment