Friday 20 February 2015

Second Sketch Book Assignment

Poor quality picture but its obviously a rose
So for the week of the 9th - 13th of February I chose to pick my own theme and eventually decided on one that went with Valentine’s Day which was on the 14th. As I've said many, many, many times before. I dislike using colour so much as it can really ruin a vision of the art I've done. This sketch to me is an exact example of it as well. I had previously drawn the picture out with graphite pencils and then moved on to colouring it with my water colour pencils. I really wanted to try them out, as I had had them for over a year but had never really touched them to paper. Anyways, back to the point. The elements I used in this week’s sketch book assignment were colour and form. Colour is obvious from the red and greens. Form is somewhat used on the petals to give them a 3 dimensional look, using shading.

No comments:

Post a Comment