Monday 23 February 2015

Series Art - cats

As a class we were told to think of something that meant a lot to us as it will need most of our attention on it without being bored. To me, cats are one of the most important things in my life. To even break it down a bit more, my own cat, August means the world to me. I even refer to him as my literal child even though that's 100% not possible. I'm pretty sure my future will consist of me being a crazy cat lady with 15+ cats in my house. I'm not sure why I have a connection to cats but I can say it started at a very young age. Possibly when I got my first cat Petrie? I have no idea. Growing up my life was just cats. I collected items that resembled them, referred to them, just anything. By grade 6/7 age, I had so many things I had to put them away and my "obsession" died a little bit. I think I feel close to cats because I know they can't judge me as a person aloud (like sure they can talk to their little cat friends and whatnot) but this makes me feel comfortable around them. When I’m angry or stressed out I find myself talking to my cat, just to talk about it, even though I know I’m not going to get a response it's nice just to talk. Cats are also sensitive to vibes people give off, believe it or not. Depending on the person, if a cat senses they are sad they will go to them and comfort them. (Cool eh?) a known fact is that 84% of women with breast cancer said that their cat helped them through the disease. A cats comforting is shown to lower blood pressure. Like this cat that soothes the baby to sleep.

Alright so for my series now. I plan on using three different materials. Sculpting, painting and some form of graphic design to be printed out. For sculpting I want to make almost a realistic sculpture of a cat sitting down. The shape of it should be pretty easy it’s just the details that might be really hard.
Similar to this but different position and more features.
For my second piece I would like to do almost a series painting itself of four components on different canvases.
.
Using this image almost as an outline I'd like to recreate it as it is simple, yet complex. For my third piece I would like to do something that is considered as graphic design. Something where I create one image in the original colour and then either make duplicates digitally or by person in different colours. I think this would be a really cool thing to do.
With this style to it but only four squares not nine.


I think my three ideas are all very different and easily fit into the theme of cats. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment